Accelerate your career path—surrounded by proven professionals.
The G.O.A.L. M.B.A. (Accelerated) Program is presented in a fast-track format so that busy, committed managers can obtain their M.B.A. in just 17 months. It provides an invaluable opportunity to learn from your peers—every admitted student is an experienced professional with extensive managerial experience.
The G.O.A.L. program emphasizes critical and conceptual thinking, innovative leadership, team building, and analysis. Courses are held on Saturdays only, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., on the Garden City campus. The first two Saturdays of the program involve orientation modules that cover accounting, computer applications, economics, environmental and organizational factors, marketing, and quantitative methods. The basic details are listed below, and a list of courses can be found in the Plan of Study.
- 14 courses (42 credits)
- two courses taken every term
- terms are eight weeks long
- seven terms total
- a cohort format is used for the entire program
- eight hours of online activities per course in addition to in-class instruction
» Plan of Study for the G.O.A.L. M.B.A. (Accelerated)
By the Numbers
In order to be considered, applicants must have a minimum of four years of managerial experience. Applicants must also meet all of the general graduate admissions requirements as specified by the Robert B. Willumstad School of Business. In addition to these requirements, applicants must submit the following:
- A letter of sponsorship should come from your current place of employment from a senior manager of the human resources department. This letter should state that the company knows that you are applying to the G.O.A.L. M.B.A. (Accelerated) program, believes that you are capable of handling your full-time job and degree, and, at a minimum, will offer moral support and encouragement for your efforts. Please let your employer know that they should also state whether the company has a tuition reimbursement policy. (This letter may serve as a second letter of reference.)
- A resume that shows at least four years of managerial experience.
Program Cost and Payment Schedule
- For 2012-13 the program cost is $44,030 (includes tuition, fees, textbooks, materials, and special events)
- A non-refundable deposit fee of $630 is due upon acceptance into the program. The remaining cost of the program ($43,400) will be paid in seven installments of $6,200 on the first day of each term, or for those receiving tuition reimbursement or vouchers, payment will be due one week after the end of each term.